Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

I'm Thankful For...

Hey everyone!
To all of my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving is a time where friends and family gather together to share a meal, and reflect on what they are thankful for. So today I wanted to write about what I have been most thankful for in the past year.

I am thankful for friendship. For the ones I still have, and the ones I don't. Even if they might not have stuck around for this whole year, each person I met taught me a lesson. I will always be thankful for that.

I am thankful for everything I have. A roof over my head, a good job, an education, and food to eat. I know that not everybody has these privileges, and I'm thankful every day that I can afford them.

I am thankful for the internet. As strange as it sounds, during the times that I felt so down this year, I could read blogs and watch vlogs, and know that I wasn't alone. There are so many people out there who felt the same why I did, and knowing this and sharing their experiences helped me get through those tough times. This is also where I found my inspiration to start this blog!

I'm thankful for all of the opportunities I've been given. In the past year, I've graduated university, gotten the chance to go to Orlando with friends, been accepted to four different Masters' programs, and gotten an au pair job in London. Though the last two opportunities didn't lead to anything extraordinary, just having the chances that some people are not as fortunate to receive is something I am always so grateful for.

So, as my mom starts to defrost the turkey and I get to see all of my friends that are home for the weekend, I wanted to take a moment to share with you all of the blessings in my life that I am really and truly grateful for.

Even if it's not Thanksgiving where you are, what have you been most thankful for in this past year? Share it in the comments below!

Until next time,
Liv <3

No comments:

Post a Comment